Thursday, July 31, 2008

Whimpers

The dog is whimpering underneath my desk. He is sound asleep despite the fact that we just got up from a long night of rest. He didn't move from his bed all night and was the last one up this morning. Once doing his "business" outside, he curled up under the desk, fell fast asleep, and began his twitchy doggy dreams. Hence the whimpering.

It's cold out. It was cold yesterday, too. June was cold and while most of July was warm, there is a touch of fall in the air. Tomorrow is August and yet the air smells like September. How can that be?

This is a full day though it's fullness won't hit me until later. I have an interview (yippee) in the afternoon followed by a meeting in Woodinville to get my volunteer instructions for next week's Reading with Rover event. I have been fighting a cold and woke this morning with a snot lump in my throat, well almost in my throat. It hung there and made me snore most of the night. I shall take something powerful before the interview, muster up some energy and put on my congenial face.

Everyone tells me to just be myself and the interviewers will feel compelled to hire me. Today I don't feel like myself very much, but I plan on doing so when the time is right. Good thing that is hours away.

In the meantime, I need to finish my resume and cover letter, head to Office Depot for some nice paper, and walk the already tired dog. He's had a big week so far. So many friends stopping by, the endless training as we continue to find the exact tool to teach him not to bark so hysterically when someone arrives at the door, and the exhaustion that comes from keeping track of everyone during the busy summer days.

Though it's not summer today. It's some other season. Not quite autumn, not quite summer. Autmer or sumumn.

I'm trying not to whimper.

No comments: