Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Oops, I'm Not Keeping Up

Summertime is always so much busier than I think it will be. I can't keep up. Ann's mom left yesterday morning and Ann morphed back into her real self -- relaxed, jovial, unhurried -- but the busy pace of the past few weeks keeps building and I'm not sure I can keep up.

Okay, so I'm blowing it all out of proportion, I'm sure, but still it's hard to find time to do all the things I want to do like hiking and lake swimming and cycling and visiting and let's not forget eating. Summer foods are my favorite. I must find time to eat, but not gain back the weight I've lost.

And there you have it: The paradox of summer. So little time, so many temptations.

Ann just set a slice of her beautifully delicious cherry clafouti down in front of me. What's a girl to do?

So here is my attempt at catching up. My favorite moments of the past two weeks captured digitally:

The best grilled polenta I've ever tasted...
Jocelyn and Maisy (cousins) sitting in a leather boat made by Maisy's dad out of two leather chairs pushed together. Who needs toys!
A magnificent lunch with my amazing parents who entertained Ann's mom for an afternoon -- yum and thank you!
The lunch was so good I had to sleep it off before we headed back to Seattle...
Ann's mom, Genevieve, stemming cherries that later she pitted (by hand) and from which Ann made three clafouti's, six jars of cherry/rhubarb jam, and still there's a bowl of pitted cherries in the fridge.
Visiting our good friends on Vashon where Rubin got to swim in the Sound (brrr) in the shadow of Mt. Rainier.
Swimming at Doris and Steven's house...
And there is that cute, cute Maisy again getting her diapers wet...
Oh and there is so much more...stay tuned. I'll catch up at some point!

No comments: