Sunday, July 04, 2010

Dead Battery

I'm reclining in a faux-leather recliner sofa looking out over the Willamette Valley's walnut groves and mountain horizons while my brother lies snoring in the recliner chair. We are relaxing after a too big of breakfast and not much exercise. It's nice, but I'm bummed because my camera has a dead battery and the spare is still charging at home -- 200 miles away. I took a total of three photos before it died and those three didn't turn out so well.

I'm not sure why I miss my camera so, but I keep seeing things that I wish I could take a picture of only I can't. My sister-in-law's point and shoot just doesn't cut it and there's no way to catch the hummingbird on the flower with a lame lens. So all the photos I want to take aren't getting taken (took?) and my hands feeling itchy with the desire to frame something beautiful within the lens.

All morning I've been trying to figure out how to set up google calendar with different colors only it isn't happening. They only offer me one color, which isn't going to work for the purposes I need and it's frustrating. It seems like such a simple request -- multiple colors -- but maybe it's just me -- not tech-savvy enough to figure it out.

So the next step is to use the 60 day free trail for Mobile Me. That might do the trick, but then what? If I like it then I pay money to use it? Seems a bit like a scam.

Frankly, none of this is what I want to think about, or write about yet here I am in this beautiful house with the beautiful view -- my brother snoring beside me, my dog impatiently resting at my feet, and my partner asleep in that sad way she does with her mouth turned down at the other end of the couch -- and I'm thinking about calendars and my dead battery.

I guess I don't know what to do with my free time. I haven't had much of it lately and now that it's here, I've napped some, taken a couple of walks, and even watched a rather ridiculous movie. I think this is called vacation.

Okay, I best go play fetch with the restless dog before he wakes up all the napping. If only I had my camera to take a photo of it all!

No comments: