Monday, December 22, 2008

As promised

We went skiing this morning and had a beautiful lookout over Lake Washington to Bellevue. If the cloud cover hadn't been there, I'm certain the Cascades would have been spectacular. Alas. Cloud cover and snowy cloud cover at that.

Here's Ann on the lookout. I always tease her that she never smiles big when I take this pictures. She claims it's her Wisconsin heritage. "You've got to keep your mouth closed to keep your teeth warm."

Despite all the snow, I-90 was bare and wet, though not a lot of traffic. Usually this direction you can see Mt. Rainier, but that damn cloud cover has her hidden.

Rubin loves to ski, but he gets kind of rowdy so we have tire him out before we go skiing. We took him to the tennis courts to play some fetch where he met up with his buddy Dixie. He also got covered with snowballs (as you can see) on his legs. After fetch, we skied and the boy was a happy camper until the very end when he got so tired, he could barely move forward. Now he and Ann are both asleep in the living room.
Finally, a shot up our street. Not a lot of action though people are out shoveling their walks and building a few snow-people.

Our house looks like a ski lodge with boots and coats and gloves and hats piled around the furnace vents. I have yet to be called off work, so I will shower and drive slowly to the store in about an hour. I'm hoping they call between now and then, but I have a feeling they won't.

Who knows what tomorrow's weather will bring. They're talking about more snow tonight and then a gradual warming trend, which isn't the best news as it will make for messy, messy roads and lots and lots of potential flooding. Still, we may make it to Bremerton to pick up the folks and then plow our way to Hillsboro to be with my brother's family. I hope we make it.

No comments: