Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let It Snow!

Rubin wanted me to post these pictures on my blog, not his. His feet are still warming up and are therefore incapacitated for typing on his own blog.

First up...Quillette who, while frisky in the snow, took this moment to be contemplative...Rubin doesn't have a contemplative bone in his body, but don't tell him I said that!Ollie likes to chase Rubin and Rubin, of course, is always game for a good chase...especially in the snow. They both had HUGE ice balls attached to their legs and got warm baths to remove them when they got home.Okay, maybe he's not contemplative, but he's pretty damn cute, don't ya think?
We have about 5 inches of snow right now. Another 3 inches are predicted. It's snowing still as I type. A steady stream. Work called and told me I didn't have to come in....HALLELUJAH! I've come down with a cold and was dreading the drive down the hill towards work. Turns out most of the roads are closed anyway AND the store is closing early. Yippee!!!

Ann and I are both contemplating naps as we were rudely awakened by a bolt of lightning whose thunder shook the house and set the dogs to barking. Ann has another snow day, but unlike yesterday, there's actually snow and lots of it, so we can really be relaxed with no obligations.

The dogs -- Rubin and Quillette -- are both sound asleep. They played hard this morning, ate a big breakfast, and are enjoying the whole gang being home in a warm house.

More later, perhaps -- play and photos and German chocolate cake (my present from Ann for my 50th birthday celebration this past week).

1 comment:

RJ March said...

I don't think I've ever seen a dog express happiness so completely or beautifully!