Sunday, December 21, 2008

A mighty crunch



Well, I have to work today. This could be interesting. I just called in and apparently yesterday was the biggest day of the year. They are anticipating the same today. So, I shall make my way slowly to the store, avoiding hills when possible. I took the car out around the neighborhood just to see if the all-wheel drive would be of any use. The car did well so hopefully the 4-mile journey to work will be okay.

Rubin likes the snow, though he was pretty surprised this morning when he and Quillette (our boarder) stepped onto what they thought would be soft snow only to find it to be very hard and crunchy. We walked through the neighborhood and as you can tell from the video, it's mighty crunchy.

At least we have electricity, unlike some in the state, and for that we are incredibly thankful. Now, if we could only make it to Hillsboro later this week. We'll see.

No comments: