Friday, January 09, 2009

Blind Shots

Ann took the camera today. We have three cameras, so it shouldn't have been a problem it's just that the camera she took is the one I love to use the most. It's a video camera, but it has the capability of shooting still photos. What makes it great are...

1. It has a mighty zoom and I can shoot good photos from a great distance
2. It has a HUGE card and long lasting battery. I can take almost 200 photos with the battery barely depleted.
3. It has great resolution. The pictures are clear and detailed.
4. It has a flip view screen so I can hold the camera low and still see the display by adjusting the view screen. Nice. Really nice, especially when shooting dogs who are below knee high
5. And it doesn't have that horrible digital delay of most digital cameras. You know, snap and the shot is gone before the camera actually takes the photo. Not with the video camera. I still miss shots, but nothing like...well, nothing like the camera I had to use today.

So what did I do? I shot blind. This meant I didn't look into any view finder. I just pointed the camera in the direction of what I thought would be good shots and crossed my fingers. The end result is that I got pictures like the one of Rubin above and then some like this:

Not bad, but not great. Mostly fur and butts and ears. When I downloaded the photos it made me laugh. Still, it was frustrating, though I got kind of good at it. Take these, for instance...

Someday, when I'm rich and famous (or maybe just rich) I'll buy myself one of those super duper digital numbers that can do all the things I want it to do...

...like the clean the dirty dishes =-)

It's Friday...whew!

No comments: