Monday, January 26, 2009

Blog Overload

This is crazy Rubin. We all went skiing today (Ann had the day off) and in our adventure to the mountains, we ran into some pesky, persistent birds. Gray Jays. They wanted our lunch. Rubin wanted them for lunch. Here he is staring up at one of the birds (you can't see it) who has propped itself up on the tip of my ski (planted into the snow).

It was a beautiful day. Blue ski, crispy cold, and warm sun (whenever we got in the sun). I'm tired tonight and yet here I sit posting yet another blog about my life. I now have three blogs I keep track of -- this one, Rubinations, and my business blog -- Wags n' Words. Often I'm double posting, which I'm realizing is not the best use of my time, but somehow I think it keeps my life compartmentalized so that business does not cross with personal.

Silly notion.

Until I figure a way out of it, I will maintain all three blogs and just blur the lines when I post Rubin stuff on this one and business stuff on his.

Today was truly beautiful. It was great to have time to spend with Ann (and Rubin, though I spend most of my time with him). I wanted to clean the house this weekend, but Ann said I had to do it when she was at work, that when she was home was a time to be together. Of course that means I'm the one cleaning the house and she's not...funny how that works...but she was right today. Today was a perfect day to go skiing.

We had the place to ourselves, amazingly. Usually this spot is swarming with people and their dogs -- skiing, snowshoeing, walking -- but today we saw no one but the birds. I'm assuming this was for a number of reasons: 1) It was a Monday and everyone had to work 2) the snow was kind of cruddy -- it hasn't really snowed since Christmas and 3) well, I can't think of a third, but that snow was more ice and very difficult to ski on. Even the ski resort up the street where the downhillers fly like maniacs was sparsely populated.
Regardless, we had the place to ourselves and we all had a great time. Included in this great time was a good lunch -- it always tastes better outdoors, doesn't it? Rubin partook and did his best to keep those pesky, persistent birds at bay.

What are you doing with your hand, Ann?

No comments: