Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Just Had Ta

Each week I put in about 30-40 miles of walking with my dog walking business. My feet hurt by the end of the week. On Friday, I got a massage and my massage therapist said, "Do you walk on weekends?"

"Not usually," was my mumbled response since she always puts me in a state of such relaxation, it's hard to do anything but grunt and groan.

"Good, you need to give your body a rest."

It's true, but today I just had to go for a walk down by the lake and up through the neighborhoods. It's beautiful out there and with the promise of rain for the next few weeks, this seemed like my last chance for a shirt-sleeve walk and photographs. So armed with the dog, my camera, and my backpack we headed out for the lake and then up through the neighborhoods, about 5 miles in total.

While the lake was beautiful, the part I like the most about the walk is the passage through Sam Smith Park. Whoever designed that park needs continued accolades because it's the best kept secret in Seattle. The trees are blazing with color and the park invites you to just stroll and take your time. It leads to the tunnel over I-90 and down to the lake. I spend a lot of time in this park and I never tire of it. So today, I whipped out the camera and took photos of the trees, the park, and the views of Seattle.



I know I should have rested my body today, but really, I just had to walk this morning. The benefits of the walk had to outweigh the damage to my body. It just had ta!

No comments: