Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lily of the Pad

Despite the hot weather, I've been sitting in a 92 degree classroom learning about LIFE SCIENCES (yes, in capital letters!). We've planted lentils, created experiments, built plankton nets, and this morning, we actually got out of the classroom to paddle the lake in canoes (using our newly constructed plankton nets).

Since I get just "get out" and take photos like Fossilguy, I took my camera today to shoot some random pictures from the canoe...unfortunately, they aren't loading and I can't figure out if it's my pictures, the website, or some other cosmic screwy thing.

Anyway, I got some nice shots of lily pads, of all things, though I wish now I'd taken a picture of my face when I realized that the critter I had on my finger (before putting it into the speciman bag) was a leech. Eeewwww. I never realized we had leeches in Lake Washington. Makes swimming in it all the more interesting.

Too bad the lilly pad can't support MY weight...of course, that IS where I found the leech, on the underbelly of the lilly pad.

I'll keep working on the Lilly of the Pad shots...any suggestions, FG?

No comments: