Tuesday, January 17, 2006

As long as you aren't a fuck up...

As usual, the news has me upset.

Looks like Alito will find himself a lifetime position on the Supreme Court. All because he didn't "reveal" his true beliefs. What? You're telling me that because he didn't really answer any questions, that's good enough for the Democrats? Blimey, I thought Justices weren't supposed to be political and yet, here we appoint a guy (well, two guys actually cause that last appointee did the same thing) who dances around questions like a well-seasoned politician.

How do you get appointed to the Supreme Court of the United States I'll ask my class?

(If my class meets that question with silence I guess that means anyone of them could get appointed to the Court.)

"How?" They'll all respond because they are eager 5th graders and not greedy politicians...(yet)...and I'll say..."Well kids, as long as you aren't a fuck up, you've got a good shot...well, let me rephrase that...you can fuck up, but only if you don't answer any questions directly or if you're someone like Tom DeLay or Neal Bush."

"Who's Neal Bush?" They all ask.

"Well, kids, that's another story. You can fuck up, but as long as your family's rich and powerful, you don't have to worry about it."

"So rich politicians can do what they want?" some bright kid will ask?

"Yes, exactly, but I'm sorry to say, young student, that will never be you because you've just shown you can connect the dots. No one in D.C. wants someone who can do that so you better find another profession."


I wonder what profession that would be?


Will the Democrats every wake up?

And where have all the radical subversives gone?

Stand up for christ's sake!

(Okay, I was hoping that would make me feel better, but it didn't. Okay, it did just a little bit.)

7 comments:

Clear Creek Girl said...

Hello 'G'! Blogging must be a communicable disease. I'll make sure 'Bookworm' has a direct link to you. If you don't check out my Lorca translations on my blog, I'll haunt you (at a later date).

Clear Creek Girl said...

Anon, anon, alas, alas, no longer are you anonymous.

You are precisely the teacher I always wanted to have. Intelligent, witty, awake, compassionate.

Chester is one lucky dog.

What should we do with all this rain. Why us? Why here? Why now?

Those are the questions.

Why us. Why here. Why now.

Once we get the answers to those questions figured out, we can bravely go on to answer the NEXT questions:

Why not. Why not. Why not.

Clear Creek Girl said...

On your book problem: Did you separate each book entry with a comma? I had trouble with one of those (music, I think) and finally solved it when I read the instructions adjacent to the entry box ... I had invented my own procedure, which didn't work.

Knitty Yas said...

i would like to proudly anounce my kandidacy for the US supreme burrito with extra sour cream... sorry. tangent.

your hilarious... where were you when i was five and had a crappy teacher who couldnt remember the difference between the cursive T and the cursive F. (to this day i still dont know the diff. thanks Mrs. Goodle)ok back to work where i will be commencing the office olympics.

Mom said...

Another great blogger! I'm glad you responed to Clear Creek Girl so that I could discover you! Welcome to this little blogistic club! We are having a great time!!!

Triple Dog said...

Thanks, all you fellow bloggers. It's fun...so far, though I don't have a ton of time to write...but I like that it's always here and the Blog doesn't nag me or make me feel guilty for not writing...well, I guess no one is doing that to me in my own life except ME!

erinkristi said...

oh dear, it's looking like a family thing now with all these comments. Thanks for sending me here, mom!