Thursday, January 26, 2006

January

I'm ready for January to be over.

I'm hoping my energy found its way to February so I can pick it up there.

Dar Williams has a song called "February" where she sings something like, February lasted clear through March...

I'm feeling that way about January...it's lasting through March.

Must be the rain.

Must be the broken toe.

Must be the sick dog.

Must be the remodel.

My life is super good right now (truly, it is) but it's like a Picasso painting...everything is cut up and put together at odd angles.

January...Picasso month. I'm hoping for something a bit more grounded and centered in February. Like a nice Georgia O'Keefe feeling...warm, expansive, soft around the edges...even a white coyote skull sounds beautiful and earthy...or even a good Ansel Adams photograph...light at just the right angle, something grand and magnificent that makes me feel a part of something larger than myself, a feeling of sky.

Ummm, I think I'll go to bed and see if I wake up in February.

2 comments:

Clear Creek Girl said...

I'm really a 'jump on the bandwagon' fan. When any of the Seattle teams suddenly turn good, I turn rabid/avid.

My gut feeling is that the current Seahawks are a juggernaut and that the Steelers will be the final team to under-estimate them in 2005-2006. I like the Steeler's quarterback, but he will be continually pressured, sacked (twice minimum), fumble at least once, and throw at least two interceptions.

Mom said...

I love you comparing January to a Picasso painting! That's great! I'd kind of like February to be a Monet, but we probably won't get him until March.