Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I can't listen...

Ann's in the other room listening to and watching shrub. I can't do it. I made her close the bedroom door. My stomach hurts. I can hear the applause through the shared wall between the office and the bedroom. Even that makes me sick.

How can anyone applaud?

And now Alito on the Court.

And Cindy Sheehan arrested (or so Ann tells me).

Maybe that's what we all need to do...get arrested in protest of incompetence. In protest to lies and deceit. In protest of captialism. In protest to this pathetic thing they call democracy. In protest to this death weilding icon they call patriotism.

In protest to the monitoring of what I type this very minute on my computer from home that is now soaked in rain thanks to global warming.

Don't worry. It's just menopause speaking.

No damnit, I'm pissed! Who said, "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention"?

I'm not paying attention (to the TV right now...to the state of the union) and I'm still outraged.

Ann is a better person than I.

8 comments:

RJ March said...

You might not have listening for this either, but my R is a Republican from Texas and holds this "shrub" in high esteem and found the speech to be very good.

Thanks for your comment. I can't think of anything worse than cold rain; nothing is so chilling. I would much prefer snow myself, because at least it can be moved. Not to mention its prettifying qualities. I hope the rain ends for you soon. I am hopeful that spring is jst around the corner. Some corner.

Triple Dog said...

To each their own...

But we do have common ground...we prefer snow to rain...

Quick question...how do you think Bush feels about your gay erotic writing? (This is not a sarcastic question...I'm truly interested in your perspective since, as a lesbian, I feel that Bush (not all Republicans, but Bush himself) has done a lot to promote hatred of the GLBTQ community.)

Clear Creek Girl said...

I listened to it all. It took two glasses of Pinot Gris, but I heard every word and, believe you me, you didn't miss a thing. I yelled and hooted and even paced the floor, every once in awhile.

I was disgusted by the comparison of his arrogant unnecessary wretched war and World War II. I hollered and hooted at the Democrat governor who spoke afterwards. What a wimp. I'm disgusted and repulsed by Bush but I am also disgusted by the Democrats who are simply, (sorry for the term but I like it), pussy-whipped.

RJ March said...

Well. While R, my boy friend, is fond of Bush, I am not. And it is safe to say Bush wouldn't care much for the writing I do, erotic or otherwise. I don't feel adversely affected as a homosexual by this current president's term of office, and so I guess I am more tolerant, but I would also characterize myself as largely apolitical. Like my old buddy Ennis Delmar of Brokeback Mountain, I ascribe to his sage advice: If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it. Plus I believe in the system of checks and balances, and rely on good people like Jon Stewart to keep the lunacy, if not in check then in public and under scrutiny. And people like you and ArtMom and Brown Shoes.

Triple Dog said...

Ah well, it explains a lot that there are two voices to the r and j...which I suppose means you cancel each other out at the polls.

I wish I could be apolitical. It sounds so much more normal.

And your Ennis quote is one of my favorites and one I will apply today after my grueling emotional day with kids and therapy.

Thank you...I'm still standing...

RJ March said...

rj is just me. r just happens to share my all of my intials. lucky for the monogrammer.

Triple Dog said...

Okay, NOW I've got it...RJ same person...R = boyfriend = Republican...

...and they pay me to teach...ha!

RJ March said...

you got it now, sister!!!