Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Soggy

It's stopped raining. All day, from the moment I got up, until now (roughly 2 in the afternoon) it hasn't rained. I'd rejoice, but the weather forecast predicts more rain tomorrow and more the tomorrows after that.

I'm home from work today. Chester had 4 seizures yesterday, which requires that one of us stay home to check his status. No seizures for 24 hours...that's what we're aiming for. So far, so good.

I took him for a walk at noon and he's tired. Poor guy, he should be tired after all of those seizures. He finally fell asleep last night a little after midnight and slept the whole night through. Whew.

On our walk, unhindered by a raincoat hood or an umbrella, I got a close look at the ground. It's wet. More than that, it's soggy. Pools of water sit atop lawns all through the neighborhood. Chester loves slogging through the stuff. Must be his Springer heritage.

When we got back I tried to sweep the back sidewalk of all the debris that's floated from the garden beds bordering the walk. Bad idea. The pebbled concrete is wet and no matter how powerfully I push the broom, little moves. Guess I have to wait until it dries more.

When will that be?

No comments: